tirsdag den 31. marts 2015









 Little by little I forgot the sound of my name leaving your lips. I hope you know this means I'm letting you go, because I can't carry this around no more. 
Some days I'll remember how you used to carry yourself, hold my hand and laugh at the world, and smile until my cheeks hurt. Other days I'll remember how you let go of my hand and turned away cold and you have no idea how it feels to see someone you've spent a hundred nights with and act as if they're a stranger you've never let kiss your tears away.
Four months and only now I wake up with a lighter heart, though it should have been long ago. How did you cope, when you knew I loved you so.
I still see you with your guitar, a smile and a pen. Do you still see me with a book, or remember when we played chess?
Sometimes I sing the songs we used to sing and I'll remember those days in the car, sunny days and lighter moods, but somehow these songs are no longer solos.
I'm telling you now, that I'll look away whenever our roads cross, because there will never come a day where I can't see your light and I know it'll only make me crave the sun. I'm sorry, but I guess that's the way it goes.
I hope it was worth it, because I've never felt so low, but I'm slowly starting to know, I've never been broke. 








Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar