mandag den 8. september 2014

Brighton Adventures

To be homesick, or not to be homesick.. I think that's a famous Shakespeare quote. Yeah right.

I am going to start this post by admitting that I fell down the hole. The big, deep, dark and horrible hole of homesickness. This huge event took place Friday evening and it was not very funny. Period.
I am admitting this to you, not because it is a golden moment in my life, but to tell you that it is okay. It is very okay to be homesick and miss your old life.
You might as well werk it.

I think the root of all this madness is that I have no routine and I don't quite feel at home yet... and I miss my friends.
Jacob takes a lot of time off to skype me, as do my family and Rebecca, so this one goes out to skype: thank you for making it easier to communicate with my loved ones, now please make it work a little smoother. I guess you can't have everything, eh?

Anyway, I awoke to a sunny day on Saturday and I felt a little better, I had a huge adventure planned, which consisted of going to the city centre to take a look around.
This I did and I am officially obsessed with the pier.

I quickly learned that they're obsessed with Adventure Time here, so I found a little thing for Jacob, because he is the huge-st fan. Yes, you can use the word 'huge' that way.
Anyway, I basically walked around all day and I felt much better when I was actually out doing stuff.

This lead to this adventurous chick joining a facebook group for au pairs, which means I went on another adventure on Sunday and even managed to meet up with some other Au Pair girls... WOOT, WOOT. This is the part of my adventure where I am Harry Potter and the rest are Ron Weasley.

They were incredibly nice, so I am definitely going to be seeing them again.


Things my weekend of adventures taught me (seeing as all adventure-ers learn stuff on their quests):

  • How to eat alone: No, it is not as embarrassing as it sounds.
  • If lost, just walk around: You will eventually find the clock tower, I promise.
  • 'Cheers' is the new black: Everyone says it. Don't hesitate. Don't question. Just do it.
  • Everyone's style is strange: If you want to fit in, you might as well dye your hair purple now.
  • The radio only plays good music: It's true. It is a bliss. Jam time every minute.
  • The english-hot-guy-with-an-fabulous-accent-who-proves-chivalry-isn't-dead doesn't exist: devastated.
  • The money is weird: if you have the chance, give them notes. Coins are a mystery.
That is all, folks.

Now on to the next part: today was my first 4-REAL day... and it was catastrophic. 4-REAL.

Like the quiet before the storm, it all started out very well; I woke up motivated and ready to take on the day and all the opportunities it would bring.. did I say opportunities? I meant ways to get worn out. 

It would seem that my lack of luck has followed me across the sea.
I had to put up clean clothes to dry outside, which sounds easy enough, right? Yep.. would be a shame if the string snapped after you hung all the clothes up, wouldn't it? Yep...snaps in 1...2...3.

This meant collecting all the clothes from the ground and learning that hell takes it's true form in the shopping centre that is ASDA. It's like Narnia, no one knows their way around.
Well, upon entering ASDA, I was already confused. There was no type of order and I had to find a new string.
After walking around for a little under an hour, I managed to find a string... it would be a shame if it was to short, now wouldn't it? Snap.

So I returned without a string and had to go upstairs and take the clothes from the indoor thingy and carry it outside and start hanging the clothes up all over again..
All of this took approximately 2,5 hours. Great.
To make all of this even better, Brighton has apparently been transported to Westeros, because the weather is like in the red waste. Unbearable.
So when I finally had time to catch my breath, I had to go pick up the children, who are very much like the dogs from the Pixar movie 'Up' when they hear the word park.
So today has been spend running around Brighton being sweaty whilst screaming my head off at Lola and Art, who are the fastest children I know. I think this is why they aren't allowed sugar.

So this will be all.
Goodbye from a very worn out Lea.

Love, Lea.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar