fredag den 5. september 2014

Brighton, baby

Home is behind, the world ahead.. and running, just like my nose.
Wot, I'm in Brighton, get it in ye' fookin' 'ead.

Yesterday was surreal to say at least, today is just as surreal.
It all started with saying goodbye to my siblings, then off to the airport to part with my mum, Rebecca and Jacob, which went awfully well.

I guess it was hard to get it into my big head that I was leaving them for real and also because I think I kinda came to a point in my mind where I was not really sad (well, before looking at mum, Jacob and Rebecca through the glass) but rather at peace with it. It's as if you've got to have confidence that everything will work out in the end, especially if it's out of your hands. Right now, it's out of my hands and I'll miss him. God, I'll miss him. But I hope it'll work out.
It's like realizing that you have reached the point of no return, like the hero in all movies.

Anyway, no tears in the start, which almost got me to believe that 'The Fault In Our Stars' turned my heart cold forever..especially with them standing there, all sad smiles, but when I got through security check and was behind the glass doors, it hit me. Like a big ol' tidal wave.
I tried keeping it together and avoiding to look at them, but I had to go up a pair of stairs, where you could see them perfectly clear.. this was when I had to leave them and it hit me really hard and I cried as I walked through the airport. Embarrassing.


But as soon as I got on the plane, I knew I had to channel my inner Katniss Everdeen and be strong, so I stopped crying and sat staring for 30 minutes until we eventually landed in Copenhagen.
Here I started walking confused around until I eventually learned the tricks of travelling without your parents. He he he.
As soon as I got onto the plane, I slept until I arrived in Gatwick Airport. This airport is a mystery and I basically just tried to follow the crowd, which went okay, so always follow the crowd (!!!)

I don't know if I was on some kind of adrenaline rush from conquering the big 'travelling alone thing',  or because Jacob told me I was not the whiny Khaleesi, but the badass Khaleesi but finding the train to Brighton didn't shake my spirit, so I found it without problems.
I took the train and felt like I was in Harry Potter, which I wasn't. I didn't wind up at Hogwarts, but rather Brighton station, where I clueless-ly walked around to find one of my bosses, Mette, which eventually happened, I guess she was looking for a person looking like a confused pigeon.


THEN we went to pick up Lola and Art from their first day of school, which was a little bit like the hunger games. So many children.
Lola and Art seemed shy at first, but as soon as they learned I had games on my cellphone they turned into small chihuahuas. We all know that chihuahuas can't be controlled.
Turns out they're huge the hobbit fans, so I'm looking forward to going to the cinema with them in December.

Now, to the personal stuff.
Chris, Mette, Lola and Art are all really lovely and welcome-y, but I'm the type of person who kind of struggles a lot when it comes to feeling at home in strangers houses. I'm suspecting it'll change when I start working for real, seeing as today has only been following the kids to school (Have to pick them up in 3 hours), and emptying the dishwasher.
Thankfully I got to talk to Jacob on skype last night, which makes it all feel a little bit easier.

Right now it all feels really foreign as well, wish makes it a little harder, especially knowing that neither my mum, or Jacob, or Rebecca is coming around in a bit and making it all a little bit more okay.
In this situation, you'll have to ask yourself; WWKD?
(if you're not familiar with the term, it means 'What would Katniss do', or 'What would Khaleesi do', kinda depends on the mood and level of badass-ness)

In this case, what Katniss would do was adapt. So I'm going to try.
I'll talk to you all soon, as I'll be busy trying to get by.


Love, Lea.



Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar